Root Xperia X10 running on Android 2.3.3 Gingerbread – [How to]
The best news for you is that it is now possible to root your Xperia X10 on Android 2.3.3 Gingerbread. Thus, in the next section, we will discuss just how you would go about this interesting process to have you get a better feel of your Xperia X10.
- You should know that rooting your Xperia X10 on the Android 2.3.3 Gingerbread will void your warranty although it will not interfere with any data that you have on your phone. It is also important to note that these steps may only apply for some time, so you would better make pace with them if you seriously need to root.
You will need
- FlashTool package that you will download.
- SEUS or the PC Companion installed on your PC so as to install the drivers of your phone on Windows.
Rooting Xperia X10 running on Android 2.3.3 Gingerbread Instructions:-
- Go to your Menu, select Settings, select Applications and activate ‘Unknown Source’. In the same Applications option, select Development and enable both USB Debugging and Stay Awake options then switch off your Xperia X10.
- Unzip the FlashTool_0.2.9.1 file that you initially downloaded and run it.
- Open the unzipped folder and run the X10FlashTool.exe file. There will be FlashToolWindows instructions that you will need to follow.
- Unplug the device and power it off. Press and hold the back button and plug USB cable on your PC.
- By this time, FlashTool should begin flashing and an alert will appear when its complete. At this point, you need to unplug the device and enable USB Debugging and Unknown Source while being careful not to close FlashTool.
- Unplug USB, switch on your Xperia X10 and plug back the USB again.
- When the Root button pops on the FlashTool, hit it to commence rooting. When complete, you will receive a message via the FlashTool that ‘Root should be available after reboot’ but do not let it boot before you take out the battery for 5 seconds and return.
- On the FlashTool, click Flash button and select aZu-Zu-Kernel UpGrade and then Ok. Follow all the message prompts on FlashTool to the end.
Once Flashing is Finished, eject USB cable to disconnect phone and switch on your Xperia X10 because it is rooted.