Tips to update Samsung Galaxy S2 GT I9100 to XXKH3 Gingerbread 2.3.4 Firmware
In this article, we have discussed the procedure regarding installation of XXKH3 Gingerbread 2.3.4 Firmware on Samsung Galaxy S2 GT 19100. The procedure is quite easy to implement but requires a lot of caution.
The following procedure is applicable only to Samsung Galaxy S2 GT I9100. Anyhow, if someone tries implementing it on any other Smartphone then the results may prove disastrous for that handset.
Go through the instruction below before involving yourself in updating Samsung Galaxy S2 GT I9100 to XXKH3 Gingerbread 2.3.4 Firmware. Have a look on those:
- After completion of update, data present on phone will be lost forever, therefore create a backup beforehand. Place backup files on some safe location. Also, note down settings like APN, MMS, etc.
- The user must make sure that at least 60% of the phone battery is left. If not, then charge the battery before continuing. If phone become dead while updating then serious issues will arise for sure.
- Ensure availability of a compatible USB cord to establish connection between computer and Samsung Galaxy S2. The recommended operating system for PC is windows XP sp2 or later.
- Disable KIES, antivirus, firewall software on PC. These programs may conflict and hinder the installation.
Procedure to update Samsung Galaxy S2 GT I9100 to XXKH3 Gingerbread 2.3.4 Firmware:
Follow these instructions:
- Download XXKH3 Gingerbread Zip package - SamsungGALAXYS2_I9100XXKH3.rar (Password – AndroidGyan.com) for Samsung Galaxy S2 GT I9100 and extract content to a separate folder on your computer.
- Among the extracted files, you will need to execute Odin.exe. Download ODIN v1.81 Tool. / Version 1.85 Odin
- Turn-off phone and set that to download mode. ( to enter download mode : press Volume Down button and OK button simultaneously, while holding both press Power Button)
- Connect S2 GT I9100 to computer and wait for ID: COM block to turn yellow. (turning yellow is gesture for successful device detection)
The selection will be :
o PIT – u1_02_20110310_emmc_EXT4.pit
o CSC – GT-I9100-CSC-MULTI-OXAKH3.tar.md5
o PDA – CODE_I9100XXKH3_CL479037_REV02_user_low_ship.tar.md5
o Phone – MODEM_I9100XXKH3_REV_02_CL1050544.tar.md5
Now, press Start button to begin the installation.
Wait for processing to complete before unplugging the phone. Now reboot the phone in Normal mode and enjoy features of Gingerbread 2.3.4 Firmware (XXKH3).