Update Samsung Galaxy S GT I9000 with Xtra Long Battery Amestris 2.3.4 ROM
But first, some special instructions:-
- Those with Samsung Galaxy S GT I9000 on Custom ROM and Extra Ordinary ROM 3.2 must first set their phone into Recovery Mode and clear the cache, wipe data and clear Dalvik cache too from Advanced options.
- Those with Samsung Galaxy S GT I9000 on Firmware versions must update and root their phones to the Gingerbread 2.3.4 XXJVR version first and then update them.
There are two ways to check the Firmware version of your phone:
- Through settings, select About Phone and then Firmware Version or,
- Check for Super User Application which is found on all XXJVR 2.3.4 versions.
Before updating Samsung Galaxy S GT I9000:-
- Backup all your data that is not in the SD card, you may want to move it to the SD but it is safe to back it up on your PC just in case things go wrong with the SD too.
- Back up your Internet APN settings and your MMS settings for configuration in case they are erased after update.
- Remove your SIM card and SD from your phone to avoid corruption.
- Check battery level of your phone, should be at least 50% as battery consumption will be at maximum.
- Be sure you know how to root as updating your phone will unroot your Samsung Galaxy S GT I9000 and you will need to root it again.
Update Samsung Galaxy S GT I9000 with Amestris Custom ROM:-
- Get the latest version of Gingerbread XXJVR and root your Firmware.
- Download the Amstris ROM ( for Password, Leave Comments) to your computer. Connect your phone to your PC using USB cable and move this ZIP file to your phone for rooting purposes.
- Open CWM app for access as well.
- This app has Flash Update option which you should tap and then select ZIP file on your phone.
- Your phone will switch OFF and then back ON with CWM Recovery Mode.
- After another 5 to 10 minutes, your phone will reboot and take some time to display languages option where you must select what applies to you.
Press your phone power button and select Recovery, wipe all cache except DALVIK CACHE, and you are done.
This ROM has longer battery, best music among other beautiful features.
Visible Screenshot of Xtra Long Battery Amestris 2.3.4 ROM:-