Update Viewsonic ViewPad 10.0 to Froyo 2.2 Firmware
The good news for owners of Viewsonic ViewPad is that now they can update to Froyo 2.2 Firmware. Finally, the official updates are available and its time to install them. The users desiring over the air update will be disappointed because only manual update is available so far. Not to worry, we will let you know how to install them.
In the section below, we have discussed the full procedure to Update Viewsonic ViewPad to Froyo 2.2 Firmware. Have a look:
Before continuing, we will require to create a bootable USB drive.
How to Create USB Boot Drive:
- First download the UNETBOOTIN software and download ISO file of Android Froyo 2.2 update. or for rooted device download here.
- Insert the drive to available USB port.
- Now execute UNETBOOTIN, then click on the browse button, and select the ISO-Image file.
- Select the drive representing UDB thumb drive
- Click OK and wait for process to compete.
- Ensure that you have a PC with minimum 400 MHz processor, minimum RAM of 256 MB and minimum free space of 250 MB on hard disk. In addition, it must be of USB 1.1 compatible.
- Make sure that you have a compatible USB cord that will be required to connect the device with PC.
- Create a proper backup of important data over your ViewPad. This very significant precautionary step will ensure that you do not loose anything even in case of a breakdown.
- A minimum 50% of battery power will be needed for successful completion of installation. So charge your phone-battery to full before involving in the process.
Procedure to update Froyo 2.2 in View Pad 10:
Follow these simple steps:
- Connect USB drive and a USB keyboard to your viewpad 10.0. (It will be good if AC adaptor is ON for preventing any sudden shutdown)
- Turn on the Viewpad and click F11 key when splash screen appears.
- Select, USB drive to boot and hit enter key.
- Now, rest is a matter of making selections and providing inputs to the wizard.
- Wait for process to complete.
Remember to that updating is a crucial task and must be done with maximum care. Switch-off is not an option for successful completion of task.