Tips to update 4.5.596.MB810 GINGERBREAD 2.3 Firmware on Motorola DROID X
For all the users of the of the Droid X, the wait for the official releases is done with as the Motorola along with the Verizon have jointly decided to push the original Gingerbread 2.3 update for all the Droid X users.
- Please note the Gingerbread has been dubbed as the 4.5.596.MB810
The improvements with 2.3 Gingerbread for Droid X:-
- The evolved download application allows better management of all the downloaded files
- Enjoy the Knowing App and power management details with the “Running Tab” which show cases the applications.
- Ability to key in the numbers along with Symbols with the enhanced keyboard in place of the normal numeric key board mode.
- New user interfaces and Widgets
- Display the current calendar event in your time zone and can dismiss the reminders long with the easy to use conference dialing.
- Geo tagging as well as the camera application has been substantially updated.
Pre Requisites for Updating Motorola Droid X To 4.5.596.Mb810 Gingerbread 2.3 Firmware
- This is only available for the Verizon powered Motorola Droid X
- Create a back up of all the data.
- If your device has undergone the rooting process, then you will have to root the device again.
- At least 50% battery
Procedure for Updating Motorola Droid X To 4.5.596.Mb810 Gingerbread 2.3 Firmware
- Two types of updates are available, one being an automatic and the other being an Over The Air (OTA).
Firmware Update Process (Automatic – Server Initiated)
- Tap on the option “download” and then the option called “Install now”.
- Now the phone will be rebooting and will turn ON to commence the installation process.
- The device will be powering on and then the progress bar will be showing the installing icon.
- Tap on the OK button to confirm the update.
- Job Done
Firmware Update Process (Manual – Server Initiated)
- Tap on the Menu, then the settings after which you need to tap on the “ About Phone” by scrolling down.
- Tap on the “System Updates”
- Select the “Download” from the notification window to proceed
- After the download now tap on the “Install now”
- The downloading process may take up to 45-50 minutes on the data rate/Speed.
- Job Done
Download Official Software Update for Motorola Droid X by Motorola Inc.