Tips to update Android 2.3.4 XXKG1 Firmware / Root Galaxy S2 GT I9100 – Tutorial
Those who have updated their Samsung Galaxy S2 GT I9100 with latest version of XXKG1 2.3.4, can now easily root their phone to Android 2.3.4 XXKG1 Firmware. The procedure is quite simple but requires care while implementation. All you need is to follow the instruction exactly in the manner in which they are specified.
Readers must know that the discussed procedure is applicable only for Samsung Galaxy S2 GT I9100 and shall not be tried on any other phone model. (Not even on similar phones with similar configuration). Doing so will lead to permanent and irrecoverable damages to devise. So do not thing about any experimentation.
Also ensure that your Samsung Galaxy S2 GT I9100 is already on the of XXKG1 2.3.4 firmware version otherwise there is a high possibility that you may end up bricking up your device. If not then update it XXKG1 2.3.4 before moving any further.
Pre Rooting Instructions for Revolution VS 910:
Follow these pre-rooting instructions:
- Ensure availability of a compatible USB cord to connect Samsung Galaxy S2 GT I9100 with computer. The PC/laptop must be operational over windows XP sp2 or advance versions.
- It very important to create a proper backup of data present on phone before rooting it. Create backup of call log, applications, messages, music, videos and other important data. This backup will be required to restore data after completion of the rooting-process or in case something goes wrong.
- Write down the important settings such as APN to reconfigure phone at later stage because all settings inside the internal memory will be washed while rooting.
- User must ensure a minimum battery power of <= 70%. In case of insufficient battery, the phone might become dead in-between the rooting-process and remain sleeping forever. Many users overlooked this very important issue and ended up in great troubles.
- Disable all antivirus and firewall solutions on computer to prevent any undesired hindrance from them.
- Remove the SIM card and the SD card from device to prevent any sort of undesired/accidental data loss.
Rooting procedure of Galaxy S2 GT I9100 on Android 2.3.4 XXKG1 :
Follow these instructions with care. Have a look:
- First of all, you will need to download the Samsung Galaxy S2 GT I9100 Android 2.3.4 XXKG1 Rooting Package (For Password, Leave Comments) from a safe location over internet. Getting this zip from un-trustworthy places might expose you to security and privacy threats. The users must ensure that they download the correct version.
- Then you must extract the content of the zip file to a separate folder.
- Now, visit the extracted folder and then execute the file with name Odin.exe.
- Set your Samsung Galaxy S2 GT I9100 to download mode. (Hold the Volume Down fey + Home key. Then while holding those buttons switch ON the phone.)
- Now plug the respective ends of the USB cord to phone and PC and wait for a while. (connect phone in download mode, connecting in normal mode will not be of any help)
- After connecting phone to PC, you will need to wait until the ID: COM box turns yellow. (turning yellow is am indication for successful phone detection and all drivers have been loaded successfully)
- Now, you will need to click on PDA tab to select the file from newly extracted folder. Making this selection is very crucial and pleases double check that you have selected the file form the right folder.
- Now all you need is to click on the Start button to initiate the installation process.
- After clicking on the start button, the processing will start and user must not allow any sort of interference to it. Do not even think about detaching the phone from PC otherwise it may brick permanently. Also note that flickering of screen is quite normal and no need to panic or such response from phone.
- After completion of the rooting process, the phone will reboot on its own in normal mode
Some of the users reported that internet became dysfunctional on phone after rooting Samsung Galaxy S2 GT I9100 on Android 2.3.4 XXKG1 Firmware. Well that issue can be solved by very easily. After that, you must clear the cache and then reconfigure the settings (APN).
Now you are ready to enjoy benefits of your newly rooted Samsung Galaxy S2 GT I9100.