Tips to update Gingerbread 2.3.3 on Sony Ericson Xperia Arc
With all the great manufacturers battling close for supremacy in terms of evolved version of their android devices, it seems the Sony Ericsson is taking the business seriously and is determined not to lag behind as it launches the official Gingerbread 2.3 version quicker than the predicted time frame.
What is new with the Gingerbread 2.3.3 Update:-
- An optimized Facebook, which allows one to share, like as well as connect on Facebook in a faster and easier way.
- The bugs have been solved, therefore no slower performances.
- Battery performance improved
- WiFi has been substantially improved
- HD video recording
- Free RAM increased
- The 10.3 Adobe Flash comes packed along with this update, alongside updated Google Maps.
Pre Requisites Update Sony Ericsson Xperia Arc To Gingerbread 2.3.3 Firmware
- Unlock the boot Loader
- Create an adequate back up
- Remove all the cards
- At least 50% of battery life
- XP/VISTA/WINDOWS 7 OS
- USB port on your computer which supports USB 2.0
Procedure to update Xperia Arc with Gingerbread 2.3.3
- Download the Gingerbread ROMs as per your choice, depending upon the location, operator and choice.
o Unrooted Honk Kong Version (Recommended)
- Setup the Android SDK and then extract the file which is named as android-sdk_r10-windows.zip to C:\ and after this extract the system.zip file to the path C:\android-sdk-window\tools and you will get the SYSTEMFILE>img file.
- Unplug the USB cable
- Press the Menu and then plug in the USB cable after which you will see a blue notification light will be glowing.
- Go to the Start Menu and click on the Run option.
- Command in the command prompt as Cd\android-sdk-windows\tools, fastboot devices.
- After a while change the SYSTEMFILE.img to the file earlier extracted.
- Pull off the phone from the computer which is connected with the USB and then switch it on.