Tips to Unlock Sony Ericson Xperia Arc, Neo, Pro and Play’s BootLoader
- The user can now install the Gingerbread 2.3.3 version firmware on the phone after the process.
Caution before unlocking the Sony Ericsson Xperia Arc Boot Loader
- Note that unlocking the Sony Ericsson Xperia Arc Boot Loader will void the warranty and this cannot be reversed.
- Therefore the user must consent to the obvious consequences of trying it out
- Please read the instructions before attempting a half knowledge attempt which might turn the process into an avoidable gimmick.
Pre- requisites before unlocking the Sony Ericsson Xperia Arc Boot Loader
- Create a backup to your data
- A good battery life is essential for a smooth execution therefore ensure at least 50 % of battery life.
- APN settings might vanish after the process, therefore make sure, you make a note at the earliest.
Procedure for unlocking the Sony Ericsson Xperia Arc Boot Loader
- Download the fastboot package alongside the 32 or 64 bit drivers. (Sony Ericson USB DRIVERS ).
- Accept the legal terms which mean the user is in full responsibility of his or her actions and is solely responsible for the outcome.
- Enter the name, Email ID and the IMEI
- Dial *#06#’’ to get the IMEI number and check the return e mail that follows when you follow the instructions.
- Extract the fastboot.rar file
- Now, just hold the SHIFT key and just right click on the background of the folder after which you will have to select the option of “Open Command window here” after which you will have to connect the phone in the fast boot mode which can be done by turning off the phone first and then hold the menu button and simply plug the USB cable.
- Now, in the cmd windows you will have to type :-
- fastboot.exe -i 0x0fce getvar version .Now, again type in the command as fastboot.exe -i 0x0fce oem unlock 0xKEY and replace KEY with the key.