Tips to Update XWKG9 Firmware on Samsung Galaxy Tab 750 10.1
Ensure that you have Galaxy Tab 750 and not any other similar handset. Experimenting on any other phone will prove a big mess. That devise might brick permanently. Applying this update will have no effect on warranty.
- Ensure availability of a compatible USB cord to connect phone with PC. Also ensure availability of a PC / Laptop running over windows XP-sp2 or later.
- Create a proper backup of important files and folders present on the phone. Backup contacts by syncing with Google. Backup can also be created with help of an application named “Astro file manager”.
- Charge the battery to a minimum 70% before advancing any further. If somehow, the phone becomes dead in-between the process then phone might not wake-up forever.
- Disable all antivirus, firewall and KIES software installed on PC. Those may create conflicts in-between the process.
- Download the XWKG9 Gingerbread 3.1 Firmware installation package (For Password – Leave Comments) available in zip format and extract the content to a folder over PC / Laptop.
- Go to the newly extracted folder and execute the file with name Odin.exe.
- Then you need to set your phone into download mode. (To enter in download mode press down on Volume-Down button + pressing OK button, and hold both buttons simultaneously while pressing the power button)
- Now you need to connect Galaxy Tab 750 with PC/ Laptop via USB cord.
- After few moments, the ID: COM box will turn yellow (indicates that phone has been detected successfully and required drivers have been properly loaded)
- The selection will be as follows:
- PDA – P7500XWKG9_P7500XXKG7_P7500OXXKG3_HOME.TAR
- Re – Partition” option should be Unchecked
- Simply click on Start button and wait for processing to complete.