Tips to update Stable UVKH2 Gingerbread 2.3.4 Firmware on Samsung Galaxy S 4G SGH T959V
Many users are waiting for the update to be made available for their Samsung Galaxy S 4G SGH T959V. We have a sort of good news for them i.e. UVKH2 Gingerbread 2.3.4 Firmware update. In the section below, we will deal with the procedure for updating Samsung Galaxy S 4G to UVKH2 Gingerbread 2.3.4 Firmware.
With no doubt, this firmware comes with lot of advanced features, applications and stability when compared with Froyo.
Pre update instructions:
- Create backup of all important files and folders:
- SMS – Using “SMS Backup & Restore app”
- Contacts – by a simple Sync with the Gmail
- Songs, Videos, Files – Copy those to some secondary storage media.
- APN and MMS Settings – note them somewhere because you will need those to reconfigure phone after completion of update.
- This backup will be of great use in case something goes wrong while implementing the update. Also remember that placing the backup on phone itself will do no good. Always maintain a copy of backup at some secondary storage media like hard disk, optical drive, or USB drive.
- Ensure availability of a compatible USB cord to connect
- Ensure a minimum 70% battery power before involving in update-procedure. If somehow the phone becomes death while processing then there are high chances for bricking.
- Disable all antivirus, KIES and firewall programs over PC/Laptop to avoid any sort of conflict. These programs might hinder the processing and create serious trouble to phone
- Download the full UVKH2 2.3.4 Gingerbread 2.3.4 Zip file (For Password – Leave Comments ) on your PC/Laptop, and then extract the content of the downloaded file to a new folder.
- Now, open the newly created folder and simply execute Odin.exe
- Turn-off the phone and set it to download mode.
- Then connect phone to computer via USB cord.
- After the ID: COM box turns yellow.
- You will need to select options as follows:
- PDA – T959VUVKH2-REV00-home-low-CL477075.tar
- PIT – Hawk_Sidekick_VibrantPlus_831.pit
- Uncheck the re-partition option.
- Now, simply press the start button and do not detach phone until the processing gets completed.
I repeat, “Do not detach phone until the processing gets completed”. Enjoy!