Tips to update XXJVS Gingerbread 2.3.5 Firmware on Samsung Galaxy S GT I9000
In the section below, we have discussed the procedure to update Samsung Galaxy S GT I9000 to XXJVS Gingerbread 2.3.5 Firmware. Have a look:
Enhanced features of XXJVS Gingerbread 2.3.5 Firmware :
- Daily Briefing Weather Widget are included
- Overall improvement in speed and performance
- Improved Battery Life
- Includes fixed to avoid force-Close Errors
- Better Wi-Fi experience
Special Instructions for owners having Custom ROM Firmware:
- If you are on any of the custom ROM firmware then you will have to backup complete data and then set the phone to recovery mode.
- In the recovery mode, you will need to select options “Wipe data/factory reset” and then Wipe Cache partition to make it safe or applying Gingerbread 2.3.5 ROM.
- If you are using Voodoo products or applications on your Samsung Galaxy S GT I9000 then disable the same before proceeding.
- The best part about this update is that anyone from any part of the World can implement it on his or her Galaxy S GT I9000 Smartphone. All you need is to follow the instructions with care and precaution.
Pre update instructions:
- Create backup of all important files and folders:
- SMS – Using “SMS Backup & Restore app”
- Contacts – by a simple Sync with the Gmail
- Songs, Videos, Files – Copy those to some secondary storage media.
- APN and MMS Settings – note them somewhere because you will need those to reconfigure phone after completion of update.
- Ensure availability of a compatible USB cord
- Ensure a minimum 70% battery power before involving in update-procedure.
- Disable all antivirus, KIES and firewall programs over PC to avoid conflicts.
- Download the full Gingerbread XXJVS 2.3.5 Firmware Package (For Password – Leave Comments) in your PC/Laptop, and then extract the content of the downloaded zip file to a folder. Plus, disable all antivirus, KIES and Firewall installed in the PC.
- Now, open the newly created folder and execute Odin.exe
- Turn-off the phone and set it to download mode.
- Then connect phone to computer via USB cord.
- After the ID:COM box turns yellow. You will need to select options as follows:
- PIT - s1_odin_20100512.pit
- PDA – CODE_I9000XXJVS_CL565837_REV03_user_low_ship.tar
- Phone – MODEM_I9000XXJVS_REV_00_CL1059471.tar
- CSC – GT-I9000-CSC-MULTI-OXAJVS.tar
- Now, simply press the start button and do not detach phone while the processing gets completed.