Root HTC One X on Android 4.0.3 using Flashing ClockworkMod Recovery And SuperSU
Well as more and more number of users are buying this phone, there is a good news that Android Developers at XDA have managed to root HTC One X and here we present you a handy guide on how to root HTC One X.
How to Root HTC One X :-
Caution:- Rooting your HTC One X will void its warranty so do it at your own risk though HTC seriously allows you to unlock the bootloader.
- Unlock Bootloader of HTC One X :- Visit the Official HTC Bootloader Unlocking Link (http://htcdev.com/bootloader/) to unlock the Bootloader of your HTC One X and follow up all the given instructions there.
- Downloading Full set up of Android SDK :- Visit the Official Android Developer link at https://developer.android.com/sdk/index.html and download the full Android SDK Set up on your PC and install it.
- Download Following two files given below…
- Get your HTC One X connected to your PC via compatible USB Cable.
- Rebooting into Recovery :- Turn off your HTC One X and when it is switched off completely then ”press and hold Volume Down + Power buttons” to boot into recovery.
- Flashing ClockworkMod Touch recovery :- Go to Start options of windows and open command prompt (CMD.exe) and carefully type the given below command in cmd. Better make sure first that r1-modaco-recovery-clockwork-touch-endeavoru.img file is already present in your platform-tools directory.
fastboot flash recovery r1-modaco-recovery-clockwork-touch-endeavoru.img
ClockworkMod Touch should have been flashed to your device successfully now….
- Turn on your HTC One X and then again turn it off… “press and hold Volume Down + Power buttons” to boot into ClockworkMod Recovery this time ( as before done in step 5 )
- Create a nandroid backup or simple backup your phone via accessing Backup and restore > Create backup.
- Install SuperSU :- After back up is made then go to install zip from sdcard > choose zip from sdcard and select file CWN-SuperSU-v0.87.zip , downloaded in step 2.
- Reboot the phone for final time :- After installing SuperSU, reboot your HTC One X for the last time…