Future of Android Mobile Technology – Top 6 Resons Why Android is Best and will Survive
History of Android Mobile Technology
Android was first unveiled in 2007 by Google after it purchased Android Inc, the initial developer of the software, in 2005. The code of Android was released as an open source, licensed under the Apache License. Furthermore, Google is undertaking a project named AOSP – Android Open Source Project that merely focuses on the maintenance and additional development of the software.
In addition to the project, there is a wide community of developers who write applications that helps in extending the functionality of the android-powered devices. These applications, or ‘apps’ as they are commonly called, are primarily written in Java. They can be downloaded from ‘Google Play’ or any other website. The number of applications that are available for Android exceeded 675,000 in September 2012, with over 25 billion downloads from Google Play.
Though, the Android software was revealed in 2007, but it was not until October 2008 that the first android-powered mobile phone was launched and sold. The Android technology gained acceptance from all over the world and towards the end of 2010, it had become the leading platform for a Smartphone worldwide. You can also download some android-powered applications from Satellite TV Expert. Why Android Technology will exceed All Other Technology Advancements in future ?
Future of Android Mobile Technology – Why Android is Best and will Survive ? – Top 6 Reasons
- The android technology was typically developed and designed for use in tablets and Smartphones. However, the operating system can also be used in other electronic devices such as the netbooks, laptops, smartbooks, smart TVs, and EBook Readers due to its customizable and open nature.
- Android mainly features on touch screen electronic devices which can be swiped, tapped, pinched, or even reverse pinched to control the objects on the screen. This gets an immediate reaction as it is designed in that way and it also provides a touch interface that is fluid.
- Some of the android applications use internal hardware like proximity sensors, accelerometers, and gyroscopes that help in responding to the additional actions done by the users. For example, if the user is playing a car racing game and wants to steer his vehicle, for that he can rotate the device. Rotation of the device acts like a steering wheel while playing a game.
- The home screens of Android typically comprises of widgets and app icons. The widgets display content that is auto-updated like weather forecast, a news ticker, or an email inbox of the user on the home screen. The app icons displayed on the home screens, on the other hand, are used to launch the associated application. There may even be several pages to the home screen that can be swiped back and forth by the user.
- The applications for Android software are generally developed in Java by using Android Software Development Kit. However, there are other development tools that can be used. For example, Native Development Kit; that is primarily used for the development of applications or extensions in the C or C++ language. These applications can be downloaded from the Amazon Appstore, Google Play, or any other website.
- There have been many versions of Android software released in the market, but with the launch of the recent Android 4.0 “Ice Cream Sandwich” and Android 4.1 Jelly Bean, multitasking has improved and has become much easier. In this version, a user will be able to resume an application from the point where it was last accessed at by holding down the home or multitasking button which opens up the list of the applications recently used and then selecting an application you want to continue using.
Along with the advantages, there are some disadvantages as well associated with Android. One of them is that the paid Android applications can be easily pirated and downloaded. In response to this issue, Google had released a tool that validates authorized purchases that can be used within applications; however, developers criticized that this tool was not sufficient enough and is marginal to crack.
Nowadays, the demand for mobile applications is increasing frequently due to the increase in technology and the advent of new mobile phones like the Smartphone. Therefore, to strive in this competitive environment, the android software developing companies need to be flexible and provide its users with the latest digital technologies to keep them in connection with their business and social networks.