Root Xperia J on Jelly Bean 11.2.A.0.21 firmware – Tutorial
Root Xperia j
If you still have not updated your root Xperia J, please update your phone. Here is the full tutorial “Update Xperia J to Android 4.1.2 Jelly Bean 11.2.A.0.21 Firmware – Review Tutorial“
Root Xperia J on Android 4.1.2 Jelly Bean 11.2.A.0.21 firmware
Unlock Bootloader of Xperia J ST26i
- Bootloader on your Xperia J must be unlocked. If you have not unlocked the bootloader of your Xperia J, read the official steps to unlock the bootloader on Xperia J. It’s a MUST step, not doing this, your Xperia J will not be rooted. Remember unlocking the bootloader on your Xperia J will void it’s warranty. See Sony’s official unlock bootloader service.
- You need to download the official Flashtool for Xperia devices to root your phone.
- Now when you have unlocked the bootloader of your Xperia J and have flashtool also then now go to “settings > developer option > enable USB Debugging” and “settings > security > Allow installation on non-market apps”.
- Now finally connect your Phone to PC, all drivers installed done. Now begin the real process of rooting your Xperia J.
Rooting Xperia J on Jelly Bean 11.2.A.0.21 firmware - Root Xperia j
- After connecting your Xperia J to PC, download file root_xperia_signed.zip
- After downloading the above file, copy “root_xperia_signed.zip” to your external SD card of phone.
- Disconnect your phone from PC and switch it off.
- Now launch your “Flashtool for Xperia” and while pressing “Volume+” button connect your phone to PC, a blue LED notification will appear which indicates you are in a FastBoot mode now.
- Now Download file boot.img.
- After downloading the above file, copy “boot.img” to the folder flashtool/firmwares.
- Now in the flashtool click on the “Black lightning icon” and choose “FastBoot” mode and click Ok.
- Now choose option “Select kernel to Flash” in next dialog box (Root Xperia J)
- Now navigate to the folder flashtool/firmwares and choose “boot.img” file and it will be automatically be flashed on your Xperia J.
- Shut down you phone as when flashing finishes.
- WARNING - Following process must be done very fast or you will see a “Grey screen” error, if it comes, take out your phone’s battery and then perform the following task again at a fast rate. TASK > Now switch on your phone and connect it to your PC, holding and pressing “Volume+” button again and again.
- If you have done above task correctly, now your Xperia J will enter into “CWM recovery” and now click on option “install zip from SD card” and navigate to find the “root_xperia_signed.zip” on your SD card and then flash it..!!
- As soon as flashing finishes, click on “reboot system” now don’t wait for rebooting, just immediately take out your phone’s battery and then put it back. Don’t switch on your phone back.
- Now you need to download file kernel.sin and copy this file to folder flashtool/firmwares and flash this file to your Xperia J via method described above in the picture.
- Now disconnect your phone from PC as soon as flashing of above file takes place and switch it on back.
Xperia J Root 11.2.A.0.21 firmware photos / Screenshots – Review
If you face any problems in rooting your Xperia J, then do let us know by leaving a comment below we will gladly help you in every possible manner…check out our Sony Xperia Support for more tutorials.
Root Xperia j related videos
You can search here other related videos for Root Xperia j