Update Xperia J to Android 4.1.2 Jelly Bean 11.2.A.0.21 Firmware – Review Tutorial
Xperia root jelly bean
Xperia J Android 4.1.2 Jelly Bean Firmware Build Number 11.2.A.0.21 - Xperia root jelly bean
Xperia J Android 4.1.2 Jelly Bean update is at present location dependent so might not have got the notification for Update in your country till now.
Check our support on Root Xperia J on Android 4.1.2 Jelly Bean 11.2.A.0.21 firmware
Xperia J Android 4.1.2 Jelly Bean Details
- Phone – Sony Xperia J ST26i (PM-0160-BV).
- Frequency bands supported - GSM: 850/900/1800/1900, UMTS FDD: Band I/Band VIII
- Android Version – Android 4.1.2 Jelly Bean
- Baseband version – 7X25A_M:2540.41.00.89.001.001_A:2540.41.00.89.001.047
- Kernel Version – 3.4.0 user@sibldsrv-03))
- Firmware Build Number – 11.2.A.0.21
How to Update Xperia J to Android 4.1.2 Jelly Bean 11.2.A.0.21 Firmware
- First of all you must have the USB cable of your phone and a good working internet connection. Do remove the SD card of your phone before updating it. Now connect Xperia J to the PC with the cable, you’ll get a notification like that. Check image below.
- Now do make a back up of all the data on your phone before proceeding for the update. It’s always safe to get data backed up still with the update settings and personal data will not be affected. Now click on option “Update”. Look at the options given below. Click on “Next” button after reading all four points.
- Now your PC will be prepared for downloading the update file which is of around 392.2 MB, so sit and relax your Xperia J will be updated to Android 4.1.2 Jelly Bean firmware after the file is downloaded and update will be applied to your phone
Alternative Method Xperia root jelly bean
Update Xperia J on Android 4.1.2 Jelly Bean Manually
You need to just use flashtool and get into flashmode as its an official rom so it doesn’t require an unlocked bootloader and No root needed for this flashing.
Xperia J Android 4.1.2 Jelly Bean Firmware Build Number 11.2.A.0.21 Features
Xperia J Jelly Bean Android 4.1.2 Screenshots Photos – REVIEW
- Much awaited “Walkman App, Album app and movie app” was expecting an update in Jelly Bean on Xperia J but what we saw the same apps as there was on Android 4.0.4 ICS. Sony disappointing Xperia J users here…
- On Status bar there is battery notification with % of battery left. Previously in ICS there was only bar notification.
- New Notification Bar – A new drop down notification pane is updated. Now all settings like “Wi-Fi, Bluetooth, Brightness etc” can be changed in top menu. All screenshots captured now show a thumbnail of pic is also shown in notification window.
- New Settings Options – Instead of “Battery” written in Android 4.0.4 ICS, now there appears “Power management” in Jelly Bean on Xperia J. In Power management options, you have two options now “Battery and Extended standby mode”. Extended standby mode optimizes battery life by disabling data traffic while the screen is turned off.
- In Accounts option all “added accounts are shown there and you can add more too”.
- 380 MB of RAM is available for use in Xperia J Android 4.1.2 Jelly Bean firmware which is same as in ICS, so no change in that.
- New Added Apps – A new app called “Sony Select” is added which has “play now” app installed. More apps like “Jagran Hindi for Sony, Satyamev Jayte, Stumpd” are seen. the famous “power Saver” app is removed from Jelly Bean firmware, don’t know why as it was such a useful app.
- No new Home Screen – No new Home screen is seen in Jelly Bean in Xperia J same old home screen of ICS is added.
Head to our Sony Xperia support to get more tutorials on firmware updation…
Do let us know if you have got Android 4.1.2 Jelly Bean on your Xperia J, post some pics of your phone. Do you like the Jelly Bean on Xperia J, let us know…comments appreciated.
Xperia root jelly bean