2.3.3 Gingerbread EF 02 / EF 10 Firmware to Update / Root Samsung Galaxy Epic 4G
If you are a Samsung-Epic-4G user then you have a reason to smile. We are about to show you an easy procedure for updating your phone to all new Gingerbread EF 02 Firmware.
The readers must know that this procedure is only valid for Galaxy Epic 4G and need not be experimented on any other/similar model of phone. People who have already updated their Samsung Galaxy Epic 4G to EB 13 update of 2.2.1 version can go ahead and proceed for EF 02.
It must be noted that this update i.e. EF 02 Gingerbread is an unofficial leaked version. Anyhow, on updating with Gingerbread 2.3 (EF 02), the warranty will not void. Therefore, until the official updates are made available you can enjoy this leaked version. So far, no big bug had been detected and the firmware is performing as expected.
Instruction for 2.3.3 Gingerbread EF 02 / EF 10 Firmware to Update / Root Samsung Galaxy Epic 4G
Before getting involved in Gingerbread EF 02 Firmware updates for Samsung Galaxy Epic 4G
- Ensure that you have synced all contacts with Google account. Moreover, create a proper backup of your important files and folders over some safe location. Few settings such as MMS and APN are likely to get lost so write them somewhere before continuing. If you fail to create a proper backup then you might lose data forever.
- The user must ensure that at least 60% of battery power is left. If not, then charge the phone before trying anything because if phone becomes dead in between the process then some very serious troubles can happen to your phone.
- Download Zip file of Gingerbread for Epic 4G (Password:- samfirmware.com) from some trustworthy provider. Then extract the content to a folder on your PC or laptop.
EF 02 Firmware installation procedure for Galaxy Epic 4G
- Go to the extracted folder and open Odin.exe file. Download ODIN v1.81 Tool (included in above given Firmware package)
- Then set phone to download mode. (remove SIM card and memory card before hands)
- Connect phone to pc with help of a compatible USB cable. Wait for a few seconds for proper detection of phone.
- The selection will be as follows :
- PDA >> SPH-D700-EF02-8Gb-REL.tar.md5
- PIT >> victory_8G_100528.pit
- Press Start button and wait for process to complete
Do not remove phone before completion of installation.