Install Android 2.3.4 Gingerbread XXKPK in Samsung Galaxy Mini S5570
Welcome visitor, this discussion is about the process to update galaxy mini firmware to Android 2.3.4 Gingerbread version XXKPK. This is a European version that works for other regions as well.
- This update is only for Galaxy mini international version and shall not be tried on other Smartphone. Moreover, it will not work for devices clocked with network.
- You must create a backup of your crucial data before continuing with this experiment because upgrading will destroy all data from internal memory.
- Users are advised to sink their contacts on Mini S5570 with Google.
- Charge your phone battery to a minimum 70%.
- Disable the application that might conflict e.g. Antivirus, KIES, firewall etc. on your PC.
Procedure to install Android 2.3.4 Gingerbread XXKPK Samsung Galaxy Mini S5570
Follow the instructions stated below to install Android 2.3.4 Gingerbread XXKPK on Samsung Galaxy Mini S5570:
- Download the Android 2.3.4 Gingerbread XXKPK installation package – S5570XXKPK_S5570XXKPK_S5570SERKPK.rar | 111.1 MB from a safe and trustworthy location. (please ensure that you download the compatible version and not any other installation)
- After downloading package that comes in zip format, you will require to extract that in a new folder.
- Now, run the file with name Odin.exe.
- Remove SIM and memory cards from phone and switch it off. Then, Boot the phone in download mode.
- Connect the phone to PC with help of a compatible USB cable.
- A dialog box will pop up and turn yellow upon successful detection of phone.
- Now, Press Start button to start the installation.
The installation of 2.3.4 Gingerbread XXKPK on Samsung Galaxy Mini S5570 is likely to take some time. So, remain calm and wait for installation to complete. Try not to detach the phone from PC while the installation is still running. The phone will reboot on completion of process.
As already discussed, this was a European version so you will require configuring settings such as language and time. Moreover, just like other updated you will need to reconfigure APN, MMs and other settings.
At last, clear cache memory of your Samsung Galaxy Mini S5570. (Press the Middle key and Power on key in switch off mode). Now, enjoy the new and its features firmware.