Root Galaxy Note 10.1 using Odin – Install XXALGA Stock European Firmware
This process can be done with the help of a custom ROM which was developed by a member on the XDA Developers forum. The name of the tool he created for this purpose is Odin. In order to install such a ROM, the device you want it installed on needs to be rooted. Which is always a delicate process. For instance, it implies the fact that your gadget’s warranty will be made void. However, that becomes available again after the user either grabbing an upgrade offered by Samsung or by downgrading to the stock ROM. At the end of the day, thought, rooting offers the owner of a device the possibility to enjoy neat features on his smartphone, tablet and such.
- Before deciding to start a rooting process, there are certain things that need to be done. First, see if you have access to a laptop using the Windows OS, a USB cable and the Internet.
- Then you must create a backup for the very important files and whatnot that are on your Galaxy Note 10.1.
- Only after you checked these out grab your tablet and enable an option called USB debugging; to find it, go to Settings, then Applications, then Development and there you will see the needed option.
- The next step is to deactivate any security software and such you have installed on your tablet and laptop.
- Then make sure that the battery is either fully loaded or over 60% full.
- The last requirement is to go to Settings, then About Device and then Firmware Version. Once in the Firmware Version, see what operating system your tablet uses.
Below are some types of firmware that are needed for the installation. Download either one of them (it must be the right one for your tablet; the gadget will tell you if it’s not): UEALGB GT-N8013 Firmware with Root injected, XWALG7 Stock Saudi Arabian/United Emirates Firmware with Root injected or XXALGA Stock European Firmware with Root injected.
- Download Odin.
- Download USB drivers for your system.
- Download XXALGA Stock European Firmware
- Download XWALG7 Stock Saudi Arabian/United Emirates Firmware
Below rooting guide is for only Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1. Proceed at your own risk. AndroidGyan not liable for any damage caused.
How to Root Galaxy Note 10.1 using Odin
Here are the steps that you must follow so that your Galaxy Note 10.1 can be rooted via Odin.
- First step requires you to download Odin and one of the firmware we mentioned before on your personal laptop.
- For the second step you have to extract the firmware and then install Odin.
- Open Odin from your laptop.
- Step 4 says that you must switch the tablet off.
- Step 5: enter the Note 10.1 in download mode; that is done by pressing the key labeled Volume Down while you turn the power on.
- Connecting the tablet with your laptop via a USB cord is step 6.
- After which comes step 7: a message that says Added is going to appear on Odin;
- If the ID:COM section turns yellow, you can follow up with step 8. Which instructs you to click on PDA on Odin.
- Step 9: choose the tar file downloaded before.
- For step 10 you need to click on Start.
- In step 11 you have to wait till the completion of the process. As soon as you see PASS, rooting over.
After the root process ends, the Galaxy Note 10.1 will reboot. To check whether you have a rooted tablet, go to Google Play Store and download an app called Root Checker.
This article is written by Danaz; is an ODL blogger, he writes on pay day loans. Payday loans is what we share and encourage people to take especially when there’s no means for things people needed on daily basis.