Stable Froyo UVKD1 2.2 Firmware update for Samsung Galaxy S 4G – [How To]
Readers should consider that this discussion is only for SAMSUNG Galaxy S 4G handsets on T mobile network. Experimenting with other or similar phone will create problems for sure.
- Ensure and reinsure that your phone model is Samsung Galaxy S 4G and not any similar phone. Any attempt to apply this update to any different phone will surely create some serious troubles.
- Create a proper backup of important data present on phone. In addition, create backup of contacts, messages and call-log. The settings like APN & MMS will be lost in this process so write them somewhere to reconfigure phone when required.
- Remove SIM card and SD card as a precautionary step to prevent any accidental data loss.
- Ensure availability of a compatible USB cord.
- The battery power must me more than 50%. If not, then charge the battery to full.
- Ensure availability of a computer / laptop that runs on a XP-sp2, Vista or Windows 7 OS, with admin privilege and supports for USB 2.0.
- Also, disable antivirus programs and firewalls installed on the above PC/laptop.
- Download Froyo Package compatible with Samsung Galaxy S 4G from a safe location from internet.
- The installation comes in form of a zip folder and you will require extracting the content to a separate folder.
- Go to the folder and execute Odin.exe file
- Turn-off Samsung Galaxy S 4G and set it to download mode
- Wait for proper detection of phone i.e. ID COM box turns yellow.
- The selection will be PDA – T959VUVKD1-REV00-home-low-980580.tar.md5. (ensure that Re Partition option is not checked)\
- Now click on Start button to fire-up the installation.
Wait for process to complete and do not switch-off or detach phone in between the installation.
Keyword :- t-mobile galaxy s 4g firmware update