Update Galaxy S2 GT I9100 to Official Android ICS 4.0.3 XXLPQ
Samsung has released the latest Android 4.0.3 XXLPQ Ice Cream Sandwich (Android 4.0) updates for its Galaxy S2 GT-I9100 smartphone users in Poland. It will take some more time before the update is available to Samsung customers in other countries.
Users of Galaxy S2 can manually install the Android 4.0 on their phones if they don’t want to wait for the availability of Over-The-Air upgrade in their country.
Below is the step-by-step guide on how to manually download and install Android 4.0 on the Galaxy S2.
- Firmware update: Android 4.0.3 XXLPQ Ice Cream Sandwich
- Build code: XXLPQ
- A PC running on windows
- Odin3 v1.83 – Download Odin3 V1.83
Mediafire download link
- Device drivers for your phone (installed on your PC). Make sure you have all Samsung Drivers to connect your phone, if you don’t have download them from below.
Download Samsung Galaxy S USB Driver for Windows x86
Download Samsung Galaxy S USB Driver for Windows x64
- USB cable for connecting your phone to the PC
- Download the Android ICS 4.0.3 XXLPQ for Samsung Galaxy S2 GT I9100 ; firmware to your computer.
Download I9100XXLPQ_I9100OXALPQ_XEO.zip | 382.4 MB
Download I9100XXLPQ_I9100OXALPQ_XEO.zip | 349.55 MB
- Download and install Odin3 v1.83 on your computer.
- Extract the XXLPQ firmware zip file on your desktop using either 7-Zip or WinRAR.
- Switch off your Galaxy S2 and wait for the phone to vibrate to ensure that the phone is completely down.
- Switch on the phone again and put it in the Download Mode (press and hold down the Volume Down, Home, and Power buttons at the same time).
- Run Odin3 on your computer.
- Connect your Galaxy S2 to your PC using the USB cable. Watch for the message ‘Added’ on Odin3’s message box to confirm that the program has successfully detected the phone.
- Click the PDA tab on Odin3 and go to the place where the content of XXLPQ firmware is extracted.
- lick on the start button to start the installation process.
- Make sure that you never disconnect your phone from the computer during the installation process as this may corrupt the software on your phone.
- When the installation is complete, look at the upper-left square in the Odin window for the ‘PASS’ message. This will ensure you that the new software installation has been completed successfully.
- The phone should reboot now with Android 4.0.
· If the Odin3 gets stuck in the middle of installation you need to do the following:
Disconnect the phone from the PC
- Close Odin3
- Remove and re-insert the battery of Galaxy S2
- Put the phone back into download mode
- Reconnect the phone back to the PC.
- Make sure you backup all the data in your phone as this software update will erase all the data.
- Make sure that your Galaxy S2’s battery is charged enough (minimum 70 %) so that the phone does not get switched off when the update is in progress.
- This update is available only for Galaxy S2 with the model number GT- I9100 and not compatible with other devices. The device’s model number can be checked through “Settings > About Phone.” Trying to install the update on incompatible phones may lead to bricking.
As this update is released for Samsung’s customers in Poland, customer discretion is recommended before installing it. The phone may get damaged if proper care is not taken while installing the