How To Update HTC Dream G1 to Gingerbread 2.3.5 Firmware
HTC Dream G1 comes with an Android Version 1.6 i.e. Donut which is Up-gradable so it’s a sigh of relief for all Dream G1 users who previously though that they will not be able to update their phone with the latest version of firmware i.e. Gingerbread 2.3.5.
Procedure to Update HTC Dream G1 to Gingerbread 2.3.5 Firmware
- User needs the following requirements to update his phone; Phone Dream G1 should be well rooted before updating, unofficial version of CM7.1, ClockWorkRecovery should be installed on phone and Google Apps.
- Procedure of updating begins with the downloading of ROM and copying the concerned to the root of the SD card.
- Then Nandroid backup is made after rebooting it in recovery.
- Selecting the option “Factory Reset” > “Wipe Cache” > “Wipe Dalvick Cache”.
- After this process ROM patcher is installed from the SD card as zip file.
- As soon as user seed that ROM is fully copied to the phone, it will get flashed to the device.
- After ROM is installed, after verifying it reboot your android device.