Tips to Update Motorola Defy to Gingerbread 2.3.5 Firmware
- Rectification for force close errors
- Issues related to Bluetooth / Wi-Fi / USB Tethering has now been now fixed
- Support for wide screen images
- 2x faster booting
- Improvements in 3D viewing
- Faster UI with better elastic scrolling feature
- CIFS Module
- Over clocking id processor is now supported
- Fixed Zoom issue, rectified security login issue during Wi-Fi access,
- Latest CWM Boot Menu
- Ensure availability of a compatible USB cord
- Create backup:
- Songs, Videos, Files must be copied to External SD Card or secondary storage media.
- Sync contacts with the Gmail application
- Use “SMS Backup & Restore app” to backup SMSs
- APN and MMS Settings must be noted on a piece of paper because those will be wiped after updating
- Make sure that the battery level is above 80%.
- To avoid troubles make sure that you follow the instructions stated above.
Procedure to update Motorola Defy to Gingerbread 2.3.5 :
- Root the phone using the Super One click app
- Make sure that the USB Debugging is turned On the phone. (Check: Settings >> Applications >> Development >> USB Debugging).
- Turn Off the phone and enter the Stock Recovery mode. Now, reboot from the stock recovery with the Volume up button pressed to enter the boot loader and then you require opening RSD Lite and then flashing the Nordic file.
- Download the Gingerbread 2.3.5 release Zip file for Motorola Defy / Defy + (For Password – Leave Comments) on your computer move the zip file in your phone (copy in root and not in any folder).
- Check whether the USB debugging is still turned ON, if not then enable the same, then download, and install an application named “2ndInit Recovery Installer”
- Now boot the phone in recovery mode and select the “Custom Recovery” and then choose the option of “install Zip from SD card” and then simply “choose zip from sdcard” and select the file that you copied earlier
- After flashing with the zip file, you will require choosing the Google Apps Zip file, which you have placed in your phone.
- Once the installation is finished, you need to select to Go Back and select “Reboot System Now” to restart the phone.
It is time to enjoy your new ROM. wait! Reconfigure settings beforehand.
Keyword :- android 2.3 for moto defy