Update Motorola MILESTONE 2 on Android 2.3.4 Gingerbread – OTA Update for Vodafone customers in Germany and Retail customers in UK, France and Italy".
Android 2.3.4 officially has been released Over-the-air(OTA) by Motorola for Motorola Milestone 2 users using* Software version 2.2.13, 2.2.16 or 2.3.4. Motorola on their Facebook Fanpage reported this news. Moto Milestone2 which originally runs V2.2 Froyo upgradable to Gingerbread 2.3 is now available for Android 2.3.4 for Motorola Milestone users residing in “Vodafone customers in Germany and Retail customers in UK, France and Italy“.
- All Google Android Applications have been updated.
- Touch Screen Performance has been updated.
- Improved Proximity sensor and ambient light sensor.
- Security updates for Google Software Installation included.
- Improved Telephone and call stability.
If Motorola Milestone 2 user has got an alert for this update then:- (OTA Update)
- Select “Download“.
- When download is completed and then Select “Install Now“.
- Phone re-starts it-self after installation completes; your ATRIX v45.31.0 has been upragded to Android 2.3.4.
If Motorola Milestone 2 user has not got an alert for this update then:-
- Go to “Menu” option > “Preferences” .
- Now Select “Phone Info” > “Systems updates”
- Please Select “Download” and when it is downloaded, please “Install”.
- Phone is rebooted after installation is finished, now your phone is updated.
How to Update/ Install Android 2.3.4 Gingerbread on Milestone 2 via MSU:-
- Get your Milestone 2 charged to minimum of 50% battery remaining before starting updating.
- Active Sim Card is inside phone. (Mandatory)
- To update your Motorola Milestone2, you need to download it’s update file. Download the given below file, temporarily in your PC
- When you are finished with downloading this file, then install this app in your computer.
- As soon as (MSU) i.e. Motorola Software Update Application is installed, then launch it via the shortcut made on desktop.
- As application suns, connect your phone to PC via USB Cable.
- Your device will be automatically be detected in around 60 seconds by MSU, then follow the screen instructions to update your device.
- What if MSU is not detecting your Motorola Milestone2, then you must relaunch the MSU and re-connect your Milestone2 to PC and better make sure that your USB Cable is working fine and you have downloaded the MSU Update for your country as this update is working for few country users only till now.
Download Update file via Official Motorola Site for Milestone V2.4.24
File Name:- Motorola_Software_Update.exe (20.921 MB.)
All Motorola Milestone 2 users are requested to visit Motorola’s Milestone 2 website to know more about this update.