Tips to Update Samsung Galaxy SL I9003 to Stable Froyo 2.2.1 Firmware
This article is about Stable Froyo 2.2.1 Firmware update for Samsung Galaxy SL I9003. It was reported that previous update proved a bit messy with lot of bugs and decline in performance. The good news is that you can go back to stable version of Froyo 2.2.1 which is also an official-release.
You can follow the simple steps discussed below for direct migration. Need not to mention specifically that the discussed procedure is applicable for Samsung Galaxy SL I9003 only. If anyone attempts to perform it on any other phone then problems will arise for sure. Moreover, if your Samsung Galaxy SL I9003 is locked for any specific network then do not attempt.
Pre Upgrade guidelines
Follow these instructions before attempting the update:
- Create a proper backup of your important files and folders. Also backup your contacts, SMS, images etc. Synchronize phone contacts with Google to backup contacts.
- In the next step user must remove sim card and microSD card from the phone as a precautionary step to prevent accidental deletion of data during update.
- Now, ensure that battery is charged well enough (at least 50%).
- Also, ensure availability of a PC running on windows XP or later, a compatible USB cable and Froyo 2.2.1 installation package.
- The installation package can be easily downloaded from the internet. It is necessary that the installation is not corrupt, for Samsung Galaxy SL I9003 and taken from a trustworthy source.
- Extract the content of downloaded zip file to a separate new folder on PC.
To install stable Froyo 2.2.1 Firmware
- Switch off the phone and set that to download mode.
- Go to the newly extracted folder and execute Odin.exe
- Connect phone to PC with USB cord and wait for its proper detection.
- In few seconds ID:COM box will turn yellow, now select the settings as follows :
PDA : I9003DDKB2_DDKA5_ODDKA6_HOME.tar
PIT : latona_20110114.pit
- Press Start and wait for installation to complete.
Do not detach phone until completion of update. The phone will reboot on completion.