Update Vodafone Galaxy Tab P7100 Honeycomb 3.0.1 BUKE2 Firmware
In this section, we will look at the procedure to Update Vodafone Galaxy Tab P7100 to Honeycomb 3.0.1. From very beginning, I would like to make it quite clear that discussed procedure is restricted to Vodafone Galaxy Tab P7100 only and it shall not be applied to any other Smartphone or tablet. If applied to any other model then the device may stop working permanently.
Getting prepared to Update Vodafone Galaxy Tab P7100 Honeycomb 3.0.1 BUKE2 Firmware:-
- Before moving any further the user must create a proper backup of contacts, important files and folders and note down the settings (APN, etc). It is necessary that you place backup on some safe location. Once the backup is created, we can advance to update Vodafone Galaxy Tab P7100 to Honeycomb 3.0.1 BUKE2.
- The next thing will be to download Honeycomb flash kit to your computer. The file is provided in zip format and you will need to extract that to a separate folder.
Update Vodafone Galaxy Tab P7100:-
Follow the following steps:
- Set your Galaxy Tab P7100 to download mode. ( Press the volume down button >> then press volume up key >> power the device )
- Visit the extracted folder and run the file named “Odin.exe”.
- Plug the phone to computer with help of an appropriate USB cable.
- Wait until phone is properly detected by the software and ID:COM box pops out. (repeat steps if not detected)
In option list select followings:-
- Re Partition
- Auto Reboot
- F:Reset Time
- Bootloader : BOOTLOADER_P7100BUKC8.tar.md5
- PDA : PDA_SIGNED_HRI83_BUKE2.tar.md5
- Phone : MODEM_HRI83_BUKDF_REV_03.tar.md5
- Re-verify your selection
- Press Start button to fire up the installation process and wait until it finishes successfully.
Caution while Updating Vodafone Galaxy Tab P7100 Honeycomb 3.0.1 BUKE2 Firmware:-
Following points considered while updating Vodafone Galaxy Tab P7100 to Honeycomb 3.0.1 BUKE2 Firmware:
- Download the installation file only from trusted locations to avoid security and performance issues.
- Do not unplug Galaxy Tab P7100 before completion of update.
- You will need to reconfigure APN setting after installing the update.
- Installation might take some time to complete and the user needs not to panic.
- Few of the applications might not work on the updated platform but it is most likely that you will find an alternative application compatible with Honeycomb 3.0.1.